January 19, 2006

THE STATE OF THE CIO The Number-One Problem: The Project Backlog

BackLog-Creates Jobs
Posted: JAN 12, 2006 03:06:00 PM CIO
by Lyle K'ang
____________________________

Totally agree with "the application backlog isn’t a problem one solves, it’s a condition one lives with as technology matures and expands into new areas of the business, enabling growth and greater efficiency."

I also see a need to educate the executive cadre’ about this one, most important function in a pleasant working arena, "One needs effective governance." Without it we might as well go back to the early ’70’s and preach the ’blood-letting’ cry of re-engineering, over and over again.

It didn’t work--what works is intelligent human beings monitoring-managing, human possibilities which include the sub-technology (infrastructure) of our environment.

If you don’t get the human-possibilites/limitations in check, in my ’book’, you’re no better off than rampaging bulls down the street.


Lyle K'ang
Business Consultant
IncMy
________________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Totally Agree, With the Sad state of Technoliges and personal performing these duties, compounded with CEO and other Management misfalls to those who actually in the state of business whole sectors are actually over looked for possible financial gain.

I personall own a multitued of server farms working in a multi-billion industry. so I am in constant search of new people/technology/and new products that will help dish out my servies better to those in need and in to new sectors where I had'nt seen a need before. finding people with true vision is rather tuff these days, I wish there were more outthere like you.

-Tony Barnhard

(c) 2007, 2008 Lyle K'ang said...

Tony thanks for the kind words. I am presently doing IT Consulting, Business Analyst work for IndyMac Bank in Pasadena, CA as a contractor for a contractor that I can't reveal.

I find that most VP and senior management, so far, that I am working with, have their finger on the pulse.

Though, you are right-there's always one in the crowd that just doesn't seem to get it.

They are the one's that are the loudest and most ill mannered. Maybe because technology overwhelmes them. You think!?

It's then a No-brainer...they then should look for a job that doesn't require any people skills. How about that! Lyle

Anonymous said...

Lyle,

I would like to continue this conversation, currently i'm in sinapore overseeing a new cluser startup, so by phone would not be the greatest (time difference), and i'm tring to bypass my standard email, do to i'm looking to replace my lead IT guy in Denver and I don't want him sniffing my email, so I've reciently set up a new temporary account at: tonybarnhard@mail.com

Thanks,
Tony