November 04, 2006

Homeless Network

Did I ever realize that working for local government would give me so much pleasure as a human being and professional? Not on your life, but here I am enjoying my new found seat.

My main responsibilities as Webmaster is challenging and thought provoking. My other yet equally challenging position(s) within the same responsibility, is to make sure the groups within the collective brain-storming and formulation of new projects, tasks, activities and plans carry through. As their Project Manager, most larger companies such as Boeing would pay me up above $75,000 per year. Verizon would match that and some with $90,000.00 and Nike would come even closer with a benefit package well above the $115,000.00 per annum mark.

So, let's see what we're talking about - Webmaster, HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) training professional, Project Manager, Technology Liaison Coordinator, projecting a business angle focus on all projects makes me not only responsible but valuable.

Here's the catch folks - where I am employed - most people I work with are the best of professionals, skilled in what they do and willing to mentor the group.

I work for the Homeless Network of Yakima County. http://www.yakimahomeless.org

So long, corporate world - please $$ donate $$ on our Website.

No comments: