June 29, 2005

It Started Out Just Having Fun...



That's how my music career started out: The Black guy in the middle asked me to come sing with them for an Air Force competition on base. Frankly, I liked to dance back then and never really considered myself singing...I was seventeen then, 1962. This picture is taken at that competition on Mountain Home, AFB Idaho.

I don't remember the names, except one-the guy's name in the middle is A/2c Faulkner. It was really fun, which later changed my life for the better for the most part.

I add this picture here, because I am later asked to join a performing group in Boise, Idaho as a business. We do well and our sound catches on in Boise. It was a new R&B sound. That's me with the 1963 on my pant leg.

You start out with something you like doing and wham! It's a fun, engaging business.

Remember, take your vitamins, and really get enough sleep or you'll burn out and never get where you're supposed to go.

P.S. No band-no back up-just having fun harmonizing with our voices-I was asked to sing baritone then. I later was asked in HAIR to sing tenor.


Thanks,

Lyle K'ang

No comments: